Maltodextrin used as food additive, and for some of its important bulking, gelling, binding, crystallization prevention, promotion of dispensability freezing control and as fat and SNF replacer. Maltodextrin has been added as adulterant to milk, mainly to increase lactometer reading and also to increase the yield of the products like burfi and khoa prepared from it.
dELstrips for detection of maltodextrin start working rapidly when dip and gives result within 5-10 min at different tentative level 0.05%, 0.1%, 0.2%, 0.3%, 0.4% and ≥0.6. Development yellow to orange color in strip indicates the presence of maltodextrin in milk.
- Collect or prepare fresh samples in a clean, dry container.
- Dip the strips in milk for 1-3 sec and remove it.
- While removing, slide the edge of strip against the rim of the container and whipe the excess milk.
- Observe the colour change of strips within prescribed time at room temperature.
- Developmet of color as per chart indicates persence of respective adulterants in the sample.
- Discard the strips immediately after observing the color.
- Do not use the strips if color is already developed.
- Take out only enough strips for immediate use and tighten the cap.
- Do not touch test pad area of strips.
- Store at cool and dry place between 15-30°
- Protect from heat, light, and moisture.
- Do not refrigerate the pack.
- Do not remove desiccant from the bottel.
There are no reviews yet.