Glucose is added to the milk increases the consistency and taste. Usually, poor quality glucose is added to milk to increase the lactometer reading.
dELstrips for detection of glucose in milk start working rapidly when dip and gives a result within 3-4 min at a different tentative level such as 0.005%, 0.02%, 0.05%, 0.10%, ≥0.20%. Development light green to dark green color indicates the presence of glucose in milk.
- Collect or prepare fresh samples in a clean, dry container.
- Dip the strips in milk for 1-3 sec and remove it.
- While removing, slide the edge of strip against the rim of the container and while the excess milk.
- Observe the colour change of strips within the prescribed time at room temperature.
- Development of color as per chart indicates the presence of respective adulterants in the sample.
- Discard the strips immediately after observing the color.
- Do not use the strips if color is already developed.
- Take out only enough strips for immediate use and tighten the cap.
- Do not touch the test pad area of strips.
- Store at the cool and dry place between 15-30°
- Protect from heat, light, and moisture.
- Do not refrigerate the pack.
- Do not remove desiccant from the bottle.