Hydrogen peroxide used as milk preservative to activate the inherent lactoperoxidase enzyme system and improve the quality of milk.
dELstrips for detection of hydrogen peroxide start working rapidly when dip and gives result within 30-60 sec. at different tentative levels such as 0.005%, 0.02%, 0.03%, 0.05%, ≥0.07%. Development of yellow to brown color indicates the presence of hydrogen peroxide in milk.
- Collect or prepare fresh samples in a clean, dry container.
- Dip the strips in milk for 1-3 sec and remove it.
- While removing, slide the edge of strip against the rim of the container and whipe the excess milk.
- Observe the colour change of strips within prescribed time at room temperature.
- Developmet of color as per chart indicates persence of respective adulterants in the sample.
- Discard the strips immediately after observing the color.
- Do not use the strips if color is already developed.
- Take out only enough strips for immediate use and tighten the cap.
- Do not touch test pad area of strips.
- Store at cool and dry place between 15-30°
- Protect from heat, light, and moisture.
- Do not refrigerate the pack.
- Do not remove desiccant from the bottel.