Urea serves as the source of nitrogen. In original milk, proteins are the source of nitrogen in milk. People also adulterate milk with urea so as to raise SNF particularly Protein percentage in milk.
dELstrips for detection of urea in milk start working rapidly when dip and gives result within 7-8 min at different tentative level such as 0.08% and 0.2 or more. Development of pink color indicates the presence urea.
- Collect or prepare fresh samples in a clean, dry container.
- Dip the strips in milk for 1-3 sec and remove it.
- While removing, slide the edge of strip against the rim of the container and whipe the excess milk.
- Observe the colour change of strips within prescribed time at room temperature.
- Developmet of color as per chart indicates persence of respective adulterants in the sample.
- Discard the strips immediately after observing the color.
- Do not use the strips if color is already developed.
- Take out only enough strips for immediate use and tighten the cap.
- Do not touch test pad area of strips.
- Store at cool and dry place between 15-30°
- Protect from heat, light, and moisture.
- Do not refrigerate the pack.
- Do not remove desiccant from the bottel.