Addition of neutralizers like alkali bicarbonates, carbonates and hydroxides improves the shelf life of milk by neutralizing the developed acidity.
dELstrips for detection of neutralizers start working rapidly when dip and gives result within 30-60 sec at different tentative levels 0.02%, 0.04%, 0.06%, 0.08%, ≥0.10%. Development of light green to blue color indicates the presence of neutralizers in milk.
- Collect or prepare fresh samples in a clean, dry container.
- Dip the strips in milk for 1-3 sec and remove it.
- While removing, slide the edge of strip against the rim of the container and whipe the excess milk.
- Observe the colour change of strips within prescribed time at room temperature.
- Developmet of color as per chart indicates persence of respective adulterants in the sample.
- Discard the strips immediately after observing the color.
- Do not use the strips if color is already developed.
- Take out only enough strips for immediate use and tighten the cap.
- Do not touch test pad area of strips.
- Store at cool and dry place between 15-30°
- Protect from heat, light, and moisture.
- Do not refrigerate the pack.
- Do not remove desiccant from the bottel.