Broad Spectrum screening test Kit for detection of Antibiotic residues in milk. It Covers 15 groups of antibiotics and detect more than 40 antibiotic residues. It complies the detection limit of antibiotic residues in different types of milk at MRL levels recommended by the Codex / EU limits/FSSAI. Kit can be used for routine monitoring of raw milk, pasteurized milk and dried milk products. It is suitable to implement in the system at each segment of Milk supply value chain to monitor drug residues in milk for routine monitoring as well as for regulatory compliance of requirements set by FSSAI.
- Advance and easy to perform.
- Broad Spectrum screening of antibiotics residues in milk Complies FSSAI standards.
- Semi-quantitative detection of β-Lactams, aminoglycosides, tetracyclines, chloramphenicol, macrolides and sulfa drugs at Codex / EU limits
- Validated with AOAC approved Charm 6602 Assay.
- No interference of inhibitors other than antibiotic residues
- Stability of test kits up to 12 months under refrigeration storage
- Cost effective and affordable solution.
- Help for the screening of more than 15 antibiotics groups and 42 antibiotic residues in a single test kit.
- It helps to prevent the heavy economical losses to the industry.
- Reduce the chances of bulk rejection.
- Helps to process safe and quality products only.
- Test kit can perform at dairy farm, milk collection center, dairy reception dock and R&D institutions
- Minimal False Positive/Negative Result
- Fulfil the regulatory compliance of requirements set by FSSAI.
How it works:
The developed technology is working on principle of spore germination and its inhibition in presence of antibiotic residues in milk. In case when antibiotic residues are absent in milk, marker metabolites are released during germination which change the color of the indicator. However, in presence of antibiotic residues in milk, the spore germination process is inhibited at ≥ MRL level of contaminants and no change in color indicates the presence of drug residues when incubated at 64oC for 03.00 h.
How to use:
Step-1: Pipette out and transfer 100 µL of milk sample in Test kit as depicted in Fig.1
Step-2: Incubate in a pre-set incubator at 64±0.5°C for 3:00h Fig.2
Step-3: Observe for color change from purple to yellow within time period as specified above. Fig.3
Color changes from purple to yellow indicates absence of antibiotic residues while persistence of purple color indicates presence of antibiotic residues ≥ MRL level.
Caution: Always keep a negative control for checking the functional working of the kit by reconstituting 10 g of powder in 90 mL of distilled / deionized water at 40°C and mix properly.
Scope of Application:
Kit can be used for routine monitoring of raw milk, pasteurized milk and dried milk products for compliance of regulatory standards
- No interference in presence of
- Detergents, Sanitizers & Preservatives
- Aflatoxin M1, Pesticides & heavy metals
- Raw milk sample preserved with 4% formalin should not be used for testing
The test kit should always be stored in the original packaging at temperature 5±1°C to prevent the kit from freezing and partial dry up.
There are no reviews yet.